Friday, June 22, 2018

Loui Loui Stoneham

I went to Loui Loui in Stoneham shortly after they opened and the shrimp was of such a low quality that I never went back. Too much money to squander on sub-par food. I now see that they have reasonably priced lunch specials, so I decided to go back.  Their website has the wrong opening hours.



Shrimp Basket ($9.95) with Cajun Fries and Jambalaya. I was going to go with the Fried Calamari, but that lacked tentacles, so I passed on that. The good sized shrimps were perfectly fried, but the batter was unseasoned. This is two shrimps less than what I got at the famous Dube's in Salem, and they were about twice the price, fries not included. The Cajun fries were cooked really well and had a hint of heat. They did need salt. Both the remoulade and the tartar sauce was tasty, but I preferred the remoulade. The Jambalaya was very tasty with lots of good stuff in it. It was also almost spicy. This meal was really good and a good value for the money. 

This is from my visit on Monday this week. 



They are in the Redstone Plaza, so there is plenty of parking. They have outside seating. The plaza also sports a Target now.



Nothing has changed inside, you order at the counter, get a buzzer and then pick up your food.



I went with Shrimp and Clams in a Louisiana Hot Sauce ($10.95). I wanted corn and potatoes as my side, but they were out of corn. They have three sides and are out of one of them when they open? I went with the Garlic Noodles instead, and that wasn't a bad idea. The noodles were cooked well and not really garlicky. The seafood still comes in a plastic bag.



A closer look at what was in the bag. I tipped the content into a boater, makes it much easier to get to the food. The shrimp this time was excellent, the clams were overcooked and rubbery. The Louisiana sauce was nice and respectable spicy with tons of garlic. Not just a little but a lot. I like garlic, so this was fine with me.



I think this was the best part of the meal. I poured the sauce over the noodles and enjoyed myself.

Address: 3305, 101 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180
Phone: (781) 435-2145

No comments:

Post a Comment