Monday, July 9, 2018

Dakzen Sommerville

Dakzen in Sommerville is currently in a soft opening stage. I'm not sure if the menu will expand, but they have a lot of interesting dishes.



They are located close to my free parking, and I got a spot today. Why does the name remind me of a dog with short legs?



The inside is relatively small but nice and bright. You order and pick up at the counter. I wasn't too impressed with the chairs.



Every table has condiments on it. Not sure what the top one is, it's supposed to be good with the boat noodles. The Pickled jalapenos were crispy, tart and HOT.



For my first dish, I picked the Khao Soi ($8.95). "Northern Thailand's famous curry noodles. Serve with shredded chicken, red onions, pickled Chinese mustard, boiled egg, egg noodles, crispy wonton noodles, and house-made toasted chili". This is a cut and paste from the online menu. The lovely lady behind the counter pointed out that there was more toasted chili oil available at the condiment stand. This was a really decent tasting Khao Soi, and it had a bit of heat. This was all the chicken that I got.



I also ordered the Khao Moo Dang ($8.95). "BBQ pork, crispy pork belly, and Thai sweet sausage, boiled egg, with smoky sweet gravy, and cucumber over a bed of rice". This was a nice dish, and it was interesting but in a good way. The pork belly had crispy crackling, and the BBQ pork was tasty. The gravy was savory. The cucumber had started to get dry.



Everything has to start sometime.

Address: 195 Elm St, Somerville, MA 02144
Phone: (617) 718-1759

No comments:

Post a Comment