Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Fresco's Malden

Fresco's Roast Beef & Seafood in Malden is home to one of the best lobster rolls I have ever had. I have also heard good things about their haddock.


I decided to get their Daily Special Fresh Fried Haddock Sandwich with a cup of Homemade Clam Chowder ($10.99). This is a saving of 21¢. I must agree with Gordon Ramsey that if it's on the menu every day, it's not a daily special. The fish had a light (unseasoned) batter and was cooked as well as I ever had a fish cooked. The sesame seed bun was super fresh and nicely toasted. Their tartar sauce was also very good.



The clam chowder smelled wonderful but was heavy on potatoes and light on clams. Sorry, a few shards of clam doesn't make a clam chowder. It was delicious, but also very salty. I like salt, but this was a tad too much. I like my chowder a little thicker, but that's just me. This would have been a fine clam chowder if it only had clams in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment