Monday, January 28, 2013

Tuscan Kitchen Salem NH

I was in the area so I decided to revisit Tuscan Kitchen in Salem, NH. It's just off Rte 28 and you can actually see it from Rte 28. I didn't realize how close it was since the last time I arrived it was from Rte 93.



This is a custom built building and it is as gorgeous on the outside as it is on the inside. They have a big private parking lot that was packed at noon on a blustery Monday.



I got a nice high top today in the bar area so I had a nice view of the open kitchen. 



The bread really deserves its own picture and is seen here with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip. The bread is made on the premises and is super crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. A beer and this bread basket could make an excellent light lunch. In fact, this and a half order of any pasta dish will probably be my choice at the next visit.



INSALATA DI TONNO Rare Seared Tuna, Fresh Arugula, Wood Roasted Tomatoes, Caramelized Onion, Sicilian Olives, Roasted Fennel, Balsamic Glaze is what the menu said. I asked for something else instead of the roasted tomatoes and my waitress suggested roasted red peppers and it was a nice replacement. This is not your tuna salad out of a can! Look at the quality of that tuna, this was a really nice lunch for just about twice what I paid for a lunch at Popeyes yesterday. Well, maybe three times with the tip but an outstanding lunch like this isn't really that expensive if you look at what you get.
I also noticed when I left a new similar looking big building nearby called Tuscan Market that seem to have just opened and there is more info on the website. Looks like something worth visiting.

Tuscan Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment