Thursday, September 28, 2017

Nagoya Medford

Nagoya in Medford opened recently, and Groupon promised a 20% credit when visiting, and I know where there is free parking in Medford, so off I went on this 80℉ day.



They have a fairly small frontage. They served Sushi, Ramen and Chinese. I'm skipping the ramen since there have been concerns about the authenticity of both the broth and the ramen noodles. Later, I'm going to Ebisuya up the street to pick up some Sun Ramen kits. Looking forward to the TanTan one.



Sushi station to the right as you enter. No seating.



There is a long walk to get to the dining room.



Again I find myself in an oddly shaped dining room. The lightning is leaning towards a bluish hue.



With lunch, you have a choice of Miso Soup or a house salad. The house salad was fresh with the standard orange dressing on top. The default is knife and fork, and I had to ask for chopsticks.



I guess there was more to the dressing than what was on top. About 1/2 inch of stuff on the bottom for the salad to swim in.



I decided to go with the lunch Chirashi Lunch (13.95). The rice was a bit warmer than expected, but that's way better than cold rice. The rice was also properly seasoned and was really tasty. What looks like Tobiko is probably Masago, but it still tastes good and adds a nice texture to the rice. The Tamago was a little bit grainy. I got fake crab, one thin slice of mackerel, one thin slice of a white fish. The octopus slice was really good and tender. The pretty salmon in a cucumber was two thin slices of fish. The tuna was top notch and really good. The pickled ginger was pressed up against the lemon, so I got lemony tasting ginger.

Address 38 Riverside Ave, Medford, MA 02155
Phone number (781) 391-7777

Nagoya Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment