Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thai Chilli Maynard

I read a lot of reviews that raved about the food at Thai Chilli in Maynard, so I had really high hopes for my lunch today.



Downtown Maynard is basically three streets forming a triangle around a parking lot, and they still have metered on-street parking. The central parking lot closest to the main street is metered, but the one next to it is free.



The inside is small but nice and bright. My chair was fine, but a neighboring table swapped out theirs.



They do a lunch box that comes with a House Ginger Soup. There is supposed to be chicken in the soup and there were all of two nuggets. The soup was overly sweet and the noodles were overcooked.



For my Lunch Box, I picked the Thai Chilli with Pork ($9.75) and also Thai Rolls. "Our signature dish with asparagus, peppers, zucchinis, broccolis and carrots in homemade special sauce". Hold the broccoli. There was a sizable salad with a nice peanut dressing. Not a lot of dressing and of course, it was all on top. The Thai Chilli was marked as one star on the menu, and I asked for it extra spicy, and we settled on two stars. What did I get? A sweet sauce that completely lacked heat. The description said "homemade special sauce", but I didn't expect anything that was just sweet. Some of the blame is on me for ordering something that I was not familiar with. The waitress brought out some ground peppers, and that helped. The vegetables were raw, and the pork was really dry. The promised asparagus was one thin stalk cut in four pieces. The Thai rolls were excellent, light and filled with chicken, carrots, cabbage and some sort of noodle.



A closer look at the homemade special sauce. I took the Thai rolls to go and didn't get any dipping sauce. I could have asked but was curious to see what would happen.

Address 40 Main St, Maynard, MA 01754
Phone number (978) 897-2984

Thai Chilli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment