Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sizzling Kitchen Lowell

I saw a picture on IG from Sizzling Kitchen in Lowell, and they promptly went on my must-try list. I headed up today on a beautiful Sunday. They don't have a website, but a menu can be found on their FB page. They now have a Website.



They are not far from the end of the Lowell Connector. There is parking on the side of the building. Otherwise, there is metered on-street parking.



The inside was nice and bright with nice booths next to the windows and to my right. The chef/owner are sitting at the back left. My nattily dressed waiter can be seen in the back. Well, he was well dressed from the front. In the back, his pants were on their way down.



Splurge time! I started with the Creamy Mussels (10) that are available after 3PM and all day weekends. "1 1/2 lb. Blue Mussels steamed with olive oil, fresh garlic, white wine and basil". I think the basil has been replaced with scallions. The mussels were plump and juicy and cooked perfectly. The creamy part was new to me, but I really liked it. This could have been enough for a light lunch.



Next was the Sizzling Spicy Dry Chicken (12). "Bite size pieces of crispy fried chicken tossed with garlic, dried chili sauce, fresh jalapenos, and sliced green onions". No extra charge for brown rice. I recently found out that I really like brown rice. The rice was cooked well. There were also chunks of onions, bell peppers and thinly sliced onions. The chicken was excellent, crispy and still juicy. The waiter thought it was white meat, but the chef later confirmed it was dark meat. This was super tasty dish and not too spicy. The jalapenos had been cooked down, so they were more fruity than hot. There are some seriously good things happening in the kitchen. The menu is a mix of Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Italian. A nearby table ordered the Spring Rolls and they were huge. Everyone was super friendly, and the service was excellent. I really enjoyed my Sunday lunch.

Address: 602 Merrimack St, Lowell, MA 01854 Phone: 978-221-5705

No comments:

Post a Comment