Monday, January 13, 2020

Tavern in the Square Burlington

I really like the loyalty program at Tavern in the Square in Burlington. Not only do you get a free appetizer during your birthday month, but I occasionally get an email with "We haven't seen you in a while, here are ten bucks for your next visit".



Not a very exciting day, but it's the middle of January, and we just had a couple days in the 70's.



I like my two top in the corner.



For my free appetizer, I picked the Smoked Wings ($13). "Your choice of honey sriracha, buffalo, stone ground honey mustard, bang bang or plain". I went with the honey mustard. The wings were super juicy and faintly crispy. However, they lacked both seasoning and smoke flavor. The honey mustard was OK, I did expect coarser mustard. How am I supposed to get the sauce on to the wings? When I finally figured how to eat the green tomatoes in the Fried Calamari dish, it gets 86'ed from the menu.



My mains was the Sirloin Steak Tips ($21). "[12oz.] tamari marinade, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted green beans". The tips were very very tender and cooked as ordered. Salt and pepper were needed. The garlic mash was lumpy and needed lots more butter, but at least there were no skins involved. The beans were on the verge of being overcooked. The service was very pleasant. With my two $10 off and the birthday app, my bill was $1.07. Tipped on the original amount of course.

Address 1 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone number (781) 272-9000

No comments:

Post a Comment