Monday, August 17, 2020

The Treasury Burlington

The Treasury - Indian and Greek Kitchen in Burlington opened at the worst time, just before the pandemic started. They closed quickly and then reopened for takeout, and now they are open for dining in.



They are in the Wayside Commons, so there is plenty of parking.



They have a very nice patio with big umbrellas.



A very nice and elegant dining room. There is another room behind the bar that will become a Greek dining room later. Both cuisines will be available in both dining rooms.



On the lunch menu, they have a "COMBO MEAL ($14). Pick any two lunch curries (1/2 portions), served with naan or rice and salad". I really like this idea since you can try two dishes. To the left is the DELHI BUTTER CHICKEN. "Shredded pieces of Tandoori Chicken cooked in a creamy tomato sauce". The chicken was in chunks, but they were tender and not dry. The sauce was excellent, creamy, well seasoned with a hint of heat. This was a really well executed dish. To the right is the DAAL MAKHANI. "Slow cooked black lentils avored with fresh ginger". This is an old favorite of mine, and again, it was delicious. The Garlic Naan was exactly the way I like it, thin and almost crispy with plenty of garlic and butter. They did ask if I like butter on the naan. The salad was also very good, and really tasty and I don't even like beets. I also got some basmati rice, that was light and fluffy with every grain separated.



And now something from the greek side. Roasted Lamb Gyro served with greek fries or salad. The thin-cut fries with greek seasoning and feta were cooked really well. The gyro was really good with super fresh pita, and tender lamb, with just a little bit tzatziki sauce. Again, this is the way I like a gyro. One yogurt-based sauce and one "greek caesar" that was really good. I'm impressed with the food, and I eat a lot of Indian food. The service was friendly, and one waiter recognized me from another Indian restaurant in Lexington.

Address: 4A Wayside Rd, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone: (781) 202-8000

I was invited as a media guest, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment