Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Texas Roadhouse Methuen

After posting my Birthday write-up, somebody mentioned that you get a free app at Texas Roadhouse for your birthday. You also get a free app just for signing up (out of five choices), and for your birthday, you also have the option of a Sidekick of ribs.

I headed out to Texas Roadhouse in Methuen, which is, of course, on the wrong side of Rte28. They only serve lunch on Fri-Sun.


Here is the Sidekick of ribs mentioned above. This is the generic boiled ribs that are fall off the bone with pretty good BBQ sauce. This was precisely what I expected.


Pick two sides, and I'm not sure what a cup of Texas Red Chile is doing in the sides menu? This was a delicious chili with cheese and onions on top. Generally, I find that the chili is usually on the sweet side. This one I really liked, even if there were some gristly bits in there.

Grilled Pork Chops. "Fresh, hand-cut, boneless chops seasoned and served with Peppercorn sauce. Served with your choice of two sides. Single ($12.49) or Double portion ($15.49)". I guess I can't complain since they say boneless pork chops, which is accurate. $3 for an extra chop? Of course! I asked for them cooked pink, and they were perfectly cooked. Not sure who dreamed up the peppercorn sauce with the chops, but it was delicious. The baked potato was also excellent, extra butter of course. I have since learned that making them loaded for an extra buck is well worth it.

Then my alter ego went to the Danvers location and ordered exactly the same thing. The ribs were dry, the pork chops were overcooked and dry. The bacon in my loaded potato was carbonized. The extra butter never made it, and even the butter in the potato was absent. The chili was good. Oh, and we are out of the peppercorn sauce! They opened an hour ago. How is this possible?


Back to the Methuen location for another visit and Free Rattlesnake Bites this time. "Diced jalapenos and jack cheese, lightly fried and served with Cajun sauce for dipping". These were really enjoyable. A little bit of heat, a lot of cheese, and some crunch. New favorite. Not sure if they really needed the tasty dipping sauce. I must say that the staff here seems much happier than the crew in Danvers.


I wasn't really a fan of the famous bread with cinnamon butter, but I'm certainly a fan of the big bag of unshelled peanuts that you get. Here they ask if you want peanuts, in Danvers, you have to ask for them, and they didn't have the fancy bag either.
Interesting fact: Texas Roadhouse spends $20 MILLION a year on peanuts and bread.

Address: 424 Broadway, Methuen, MA 01844 Phone: (978) 975-5588

I restore myself when I'm alone. A career is born in public — talent in privacy.

-- Marilyn Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment