Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Meet Us Woburn

Meet Us in Woburn took over the space where Great Mandarin was previously located. Not sure what to think about the name. It's a bit strange for a Chinese restaurant. The Great Mandarin served a lunch buffet with OK wings and, if you were lucky, Salt and Pepper Shrimp. Apart from these, the rest of the buffet was forgettable.

Parking in front and more parking to the right and in the back.

There is now a long bar where the buffet was located. Looks very nice.

The rug has been replaced by a lovely floor, the booth and tables are the same as before. As you can see, the default is knife and fork. Obviously, they are not looking for Chinese customers.


I asked if the Lunch General Tsos Chicken ($9.95) uses dark meat or white? Dark was the answer, so I said I'll have that. What arrived was Kung Pao Chicken! White rice since I have no clue what their pork fried rice looks like, and a spring roll. No soup was included. The vegetarian spring roll was just lightly fried. . I ordered it extra spicy, which actually worked. Notice that the chili peppers are broken open. Whole chilis don't add any flavor but look nice. The dish was likable despite not being what I thought I ordered. The General Tsos dish uses white meat, so that's off my list. 01/19/22


Curry Chicken ($14.95). Everything has gone up a dollar. "Sliced Chicken, onion, pepper, curry sauce". White Rice ($2.50 Ouch!). This was a proper Curry Chicken. I asked for it extra hot, and it arrived blazing hot, almost too hot for me. This was way beyond extra hot, nearly killing the curry taste. The chicken was tender, and the veggies were good. This is from the regular menu since there isn't anything good on the lunch menu unless you want American/Chinese. This was way too expensive for lunch and barely acceptable as a dinner. 02/16/22


Lunch Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl ($11.95). "Base: Sushi rice & Spring mix, Come with avocado, mango, pickled purple cabbage, carrot. Choice of Protein. Sauce: Ginger Dressing, Sweet soy sauce & Mayo". I picked Spicy salmon as my protein. The salmon was fresh, and although it wasn't an abundance of fish, it was a good amount for the price. The spring mix and the other veggies were plentiful with a pleasant dressing. The sushi rice was lightly seasoned but was cold, but there was a good amount of it. A delightful light lunch. 03/09/22


Lunch Salmon Teriyaki Bento ($14.95). "Lunch Bento Box: Come with white rice, edamame, house salad, choose one side: fried shrimp shumai, pan fried pork gyoza or 4pcs California roll". As my side, the Fried Shrimp Shumai didn't look like a shumai at all but tasted OK. I asked for the salmon medium, and it was cooked nicely. The teriyaki sauce was good and not overly sweet. I liked the addition of sesame seeds. I also got a few slices of tempura, but unfortunately, it was sweet potato that I don't like. The tempura batter was good. The house salad was your standard lettuce, a few strands of carrot and two slices of cucumber with your traditional ginger dressing. However, the dressing was adequately applied to everything for the first time ever. Plenty of edamame beans went home with me. One other customer at lunch today. 05/18/22

The nice front window booths are now replaced by a big bar and a gigantic TV. A couple of video games have also been added.

I made a list of dishes to try after my first visit and then they were promptly 86'd.
Chirashi Don ($17.95). 
Mala Fish Fillet ($16.95). 
Singapore Noodle ($10.95). 

Address: 186 Cambridge Rd #7, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: 781-933-1616

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

-- Sarah Williams

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of anyone who's been happy what has replaced Great Mandarin...Sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Pad Thai. I like this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong, didn't they comp your meal? Meetus is far above Great Mandarin despite not having a "chinese type name".and guess what? Prices have skyrocketed at every eatery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be the owner or family. You clearly have an agenda to prop the place up. These reviews are generally honest and unbiased. Just recounting his experience.

      Delete
    2. This is for the second Anonymous that isn't even smart enough to leave a comment. It's morons like you that will stop me blogging. This wasn't even a glowing review, and you would have realized that if you actually read the review.

      Delete
  4. I go nearly every Sunday with my friend. I find them excellent. A great addition to the area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been many times and have NEVER been disappointed with anything we have ordered, or what our guests ordered. Couldn’t be more fresh or tasty. I don’t do spicy , but, my hubby does and that also has not disappointed. Drinks delicious and the family working there and their employees have been nothing but gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prices at every restaurant have skyrocketed. I've ordered takeout and delivery multiple times and it's been good. Drinks are yummy, too. Glad they're doing well, since some Chinese paces are failing, sadly.

    ReplyDelete