Friday, January 25, 2019

Bobby C's Melrose

I had business in Melrose so I decided to pay a second visit to Bobby C's in Melrose. On my first lunch visit here, I had an excellent pork chop and was especially impressed with the house-made vinegar peppers.


No outside seating this time of the year. There is on-street parking and also parking behind the restaurant with a separate entrance. Don't park anywhere else, you will get towed.


The inside is nice and bright and impeccably clean. They expected a big bridal party so my window table was gone.


Fresh bread arrives quickly with an excellent dipping sauce. Of course you get good cutlery and linen napkins.


I had my eyes on the Linguini Alle Vongole ($11.99) since my last visit. "Fresh little necks and baby clams sauteed and served with a choice of marinara or white wine sauce over linguini". White wine sauce of course. Both the little necks and the chopped clams were cooked perfectly so they were tender and juicy. All the flavors had melded into the sauce flawlessly. This was delicious and I have to go back to try more dishes. The service is very professional, yet friendly. BTW, this was called Vonole on the lunch menu.


How close to Malden are we? Half a block further down is the border sign.

Address 20 Main St, Melrose, MA 02176 Phone number (781) 662-5472

No comments:

Post a Comment