Friday, June 8, 2012

Rega's Grill Lawrence

Rega's Grill in Lawrence has new owners since about 3 years ago. I used to eat lunch here when it was Hee Bin since my mechanic was across the street, drop the car off for an oil change, have an OK lunch here. He since moved but when I read that they now serve a cheap lunch buffet I decided it was time for a revisit. They are literally 2 min off 495 on Rte 28.




The buffet is located in a corner that was never used previously and it's nice and light with plenty of food. A big sign saying "No MSG" is hanging in the corner.



You select your own side dishes (banchan) that included a pretty good kimchi. On the plate we have a very nice fried rice, marinated pork and zucchini, eggplant, a pork and cabbage dumpling, fried chicken rubbed with gochujang, the Korean chili paste (not very hot), eggplant and kalbi? marinated beef. I think the marinated pork was very good as was the chicken.



To the left is the banchan selection and to the right is the buffet. I must say it was a nice selection and well worth the $8.95. You can also do takeout from the buffet at $5.95/lbs A big plus for leaving a pitcher of water on the table, wish more places would do that.


The thought of the Day.
Left my Credit Card at Chili's on Wednesday at lunch. Took until today (Friday) to notice. Big spender, I am..

No comments:

Post a Comment