Friday, June 15, 2012

Taqueria el Amigo Waltham

This is another small restaurant that according to people who know might serve some of the best Mexican food in Boston. I have no idea, I just like the food and a lot of the customer are Mexicans, I think since they speak Spanish to the staff.




Hole in the wall? It's actually smaller than that ;-). I would guess it seats about 16. There is another 2 seater that doesn't show up in the picture, otherwise this is it!




Free Chips and Salsa. I will not say anything about the chips but the salsa? Outstanding, super fresh, spicy, really nice flavor and it really makes up for the chips.




Plate Mexicana consists of one Quesadilla with Chorizo,  one Chimichanga with Chicken, one Beef Taco. A quesadilla is normally lightly fried, here it just a folded tortilla, same with the Chimichanga, a rolled up tortilla, rice and really nice and tasty refried beans. All drizzled with crema. Looks like a mess, right? It does, but it goes down really easy.




This is what the outside looked at 12:30 when I left. A party of 5 arrived at a busy lunch time and I'm not sure how much thought they put into this when they only have 4 tops available. I'm sure they worked it out. You can get 4 soft tacos, choice of two fillings (They do have tongue and cheeks), no sides for $5.50 with fresh double wrapped tortillas and free chips and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment