Monday, August 19, 2013

Punjabi Tadka Arlington

It's just over a year since my first visit to Punjabi Tadka in Arlington and I haven't been here for about six months so I decided it was time for another visit.



Unfortunately, the appearance of the condiment tray has not improved and it still looks yucky. The onion chutney does taste OK.



My standard dish is the Chicken Saag and it comes with basmati rice. You used to get one or two papadams with lunch, but nothing showed up today. You do, however, get linen napkins. The good thing was that the dish for the first time had flavor including a bit of heat and was really enjoyable. Not sure if they changed the chef or what but something definitely have changed. You get a good amount of chicken, the competition up the street is now really stingy with the protein, this is at least twice the amount. Service, on the other hand, was just about absent, they seemed more interest in having a LOUD conversation behind the bar instead of looking after their only customer. I had to ask for the chutney and I had to get their attention both for a water refill and for the check. Maybe it's just me since this is twice in two days when the same thing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment