Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

I was going to have a Noodle Soup or any of the Flounder Fish Filet dishes from the lunch menu at Taipei Gourmet in Lexington today.



It was a beautiful day and perfect for a drive, but I must have left all common sense at home since I ordered the General Tso's Chicken ($7.99) from the lunch menu. This seemed popular with the Lexington natives, so I thought why not? It did look good with a nice crispy outside, but it went downhill from there. I ordered it extra spicy and hold the broccoli and neither worked, so it was the typical overly sweet and gloppy sauce. Normally this dish is done with chunks of dark meat coated in a bit of batter. This was small pieces of chicken, mixed up with enormous amounts of batter and then deep fried but unfortunately, the batter inside wasn't cooked enough so it was just a gooey mess. The soup was good as usual and the spring roll was fine, but I will never again order something that isn't Taiwanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment