Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sabatino's Wakefield

I was going to give Phuket in Wakefield one more chance, but they didn't have the heat on despite having other customers in there so they are now permanently off my rotation. My next choice was The Porch, but they were packed to the rafters. Then I remembered that Sabatino's in Wakefield was on my list, so they were my next stop.



They are quietly sitting on the north end of Main Street, and it was hard to see if they were open.


The inside was very nice, with good quality furniture and a big bar that seemed quite popular.



I got a nice high-top next to the windows so I could keep an eye on the exciting Main Street.



Some nice fresh Italian bread with real butter in the small packages. The bread gets even better with a generous sprinkling of parmesan on top.



I ordered the Veal Marsala ($11.99) with Linguini from the lunch menu. They also had a daily special. You have about four choices of pasta plus the homemade fusilli for an extra charge. Two big tender pieces of veal were hiding under the fresh mushrooms and diced ham. I'm not really a fan of mushrooms, but these were nice and fresh and not overcooked, so I actually enjoyed them. The pasta was cooked nicely, and the Butter Marsala wine sauce was very tasty. This was a really nice find tucked away here.

No comments:

Post a Comment