Friday, August 25, 2017

Cracker Barrel Tewksbury

When some friends posted a picture of them having lunch at a Cracker Barrel, I got confused since I know that they like good food. It turns out that they go for the Friday Fish Fry, so I headed out to my nearest Cracker Barrel that's located in Tewksbury.



They are just off Rte 495, so they are easy to get to. They have a big parking lot, and it was packed.



It's a big place with a country store up front that was really busy. And it was seriously LOUD, and the dining rooms were packed.



Here is the aforementioned Friday Fish Fry (10.29). "Starting at 11 AM, we serve four Cod fillets, hand-dipped in our own special batter and fried. We suggest enjoying them with Homestyle Fries and Cole Slaw". No, this is not a small plate, but an enormous piece of fish. I went with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. My waitress forgot the slaw. I ordered three things, and she wrote the order down. The fish was on the drier side, but the batter was excellent and well seasoned. I had to put a napkin under the fish to soak up the excess grease. The mashed potatoes were dense and lukewarm but adding the minuscule butter I got with the bread helped a bit. The slaw did arrive, and it was OK. The biscuit was good, but the cornbread was dense. I asked the waitress for a water refill, it never happened. Most people seemed to have breakfast here.



My check said Pay the Cashier, and I had to ask the hostess where the cashier was, and of course they were just behind my back, so it was waiting in line time.

Address 1795 Andover St, Tewksbury, MA 01876
Phone number (978) 858-3717

Cracker Barrel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Peter. The fish at ours was not at all greasy. Plus we got four pieces, all cooked perfectly. If you ever visit Arizona...

    ReplyDelete