Saturday, October 28, 2017

Anthony's Roast Beef Reading

The research into the Big Beef three-way continues today with a stop at Anthony's Roast Beef in Reading.



I wish my GPS was smarter so that I could have taken a right into the plaza instead of a left that had me crossing Rte 28. There is parking, but not in abundance.



The inside was bright and clean. The furniture was strange, either the tables were too high or the chairs too low.



Big Beef three-way ($7.99) with horseradish sauce. I got upcharged 90¢, I'm assuming for the cheese, but there was no mentioning of this on the menu. The onion roll was buttered and toasted. I got two slices of (unmelted) cheese on the bottom. This seemed to be a proper size of a big beef.



I forgot to specify rare, but the beef was pink and tender. It was also somewhat beefy. The menu board said Hot Roast Beef, but it wasn't. The horseradish sauce was excellent and tasted of horseradish. This was soo big that I had to use a knife and fork. A gentleman at the next table, who must have done this before, managed to eat the whole thing in about three minutes, right out of the wrapper. Yes, there was paper napkins involved. This was a good sandwich, so maybe there is something to this big beef thing.

Address 216 Main St., Reading, MA 01867
Phone number (781) 942-0100

Anthony's Roast Beef Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment