Monday, November 27, 2017

Celia's Salem

Celia's in Salem serves Dominican food just outside the city center and is one of the best-kept secrets in Salem.



They are easy to find, and there is plenty of free street parking available.



They do a booming takeout business, but there is a good amount of seating inside. You order at the steam table and then follow your container as it gets filled up and pay at the end. They do take CC. Of course I was the only white guy in the place, and that's usually a good sign.



There is plenty to select from, including half chickens.



The very nice owner realized that I looked like a deer in the headlights and called out "I'll take care of you". When it was my turn he created a tasting plate for me to try. Two types of chicken, beef, pork ribs and I forgot was the last one was. Yellow rice with pigeon beans and white rice with beans. How nice was that?



Lunch Special ($6) in a to-go container since I knew there would be leftovers. Enough Yellow Rice with Pigeon Beans for four and enough beef for two, plus a big scoop of their delicious potato salad. The beef was excellent, tender and very tasty. Wish I got more sauce. They do oxtail on Thursday-Sunday, and I'll have to go back for that. Dinner is ($9) and I believe that you then get twice the amount of meat and the salad comes in a separate container.

Address 75 Congress Street, Salem MA 01970 
Phone number (978) 594-4275

Celias Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment