Wednesday, January 24, 2018

TGI Fridays Danvers

I signed up for TGI Fridays rewards program because my birthday is coming up. They give you a free appetizer for signing up, so today I headed to their Danvers location. Didn't it use to be a TGIF on every corner? Not too many left now.



They are located out in the middle of nowhere on Rte 1. Why do I have a sense that they are about to drop the TGI part? Plenty of parking available.



There is a similar dining section behind me. This is about as busy as they got.



The big bar upstairs.



The app I had picked out wasn't on the menu anymore, so I settled on the LOADED CHICKEN NACHOS (12). The free appetizer was only good for $8. "Tortilla strips layered with shredded chipotle chicken, black beans, white poblano queso, pico de gallo, pickled jalapeños, Cotija cheese and cilantro". There was nothing "layered" since this was only a single layer. Not sure what the "loaded" meant since there wasn't much chicken present. The tortilla chips could have been fresher and the cheese was very mild. The pico de gallo seemed to be diced tomatoes. It was also barely lukewarm. Yes, you get rolled silverware, but the waitress offered more napkins.



I went for the more expensive Lunch Pairing (9) and picked JACK SLIDERS. "Fresh USDA Choice beef burgers topped with Jack Daniel’s® glaze, cola onions, white cheddar cheese and spicy mayo made with Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce". I didn't notice any glaze and if there was any pepper sauce present, it was so mild that it wasn't noticeable. The burgers were dry, and I'm not sure how they cooked the patties since they had a crust on the rim as well. Putting sliced jalapenos on top improved the slider immensely. The unsalted fries were not bad at all.



The other half of my pairing was a Caesar Salad. "Romaine and kale, tossed in Caesar dressing. Topped with Parmesan and Romano cheeses, Asiago croutons and Parmesan crisps. Served with grilled lemon and a hot garlic breadstick". This is how the salad was described on the menu. Kale? There was no kale present. The dressing was very bland, and the cheeses were mostly absent. The croutons were rock hard. See any parmesan crisps? Me neither.



Do you want me to pack up your leftovers, asked the nice waitress? When I said yes, this is what happened.

Address 49 Newbury St, Danvers, MA 01923
Phone number (978) 777-7483

TGI Fridays Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment