Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cafe Escadrille Burlington

This is the first year Cafe Escadrille in Burlington are participating in Boston Dine Out week(s) and the lunch menu looked really good. Three courses for $20. Since the much dreaded Nor'easter never showed up, I headed out to Burlington.



They have plenty of parking but be aware of all the old farts like me driving here.



The inside is not as dated as you would expect, and it's also nice and bright. They also have a really big bar if you don't feel like a table.



I like how the lemon was presented. You get a warm roll with butter that wasn't frozen.



Five choices for first course and I picked the Onion soup. It was OK, could have done with some more time under the salamander, and the onions could have been caramelized longer. It lacked the deep flavor of a really good onions soup. It also lacked the traditional gruyere.



Then I picked the "Tournedos Ala Bordelaise Spinach and Mashed Potato" out of the five choices. I asked for it rare and that worked. The real mashed potatoes could have done with more seasoning and butter. My butter helped, as did salt and pepper. The spinach was really tasty, and it also had some texture left. Crispy onions and artichokes completed the dish. This was really tasty and I was very happy with this. In fact, I'm contemplating going back next week.



The menu said: MINI DECADENT DESSERTS, and it was mini alright. "Chocolate Profiterole Mini chocolate puff with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge". Nothing to complain about here. The service was pleasant, and it was service with a smile.

Address 26 Cambridge St, Burlington, MA 01803
Phone number (781) 273-1916

No comments:

Post a Comment