Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cafe Escadrille Burlington

I had a really pleasant Boston Dine Out lunch at Cafe Escadrille in Burlington last week, so I decided to go back today.


It's a really nice building with plenty of parking. There is also a lot of old farts like me driving around there.



This week I went with the New England Clam Chowder. It was a big cup filled with a creamy and thick chowder with plenty of tender clams and potatoes. It was very good but didn't need any more salt.



The second course was the Baked Stuffed Haddock with Lobster Newburg Sauce, Choice of Side. I picked a baked potato as my side. With enough butter and salt, it makes for a nice fluffy mash. I had a long diatribe ready to be written down on how when you order anything stuffed in NE, you get something with the stuffing on top, but what did I get? A proper stuffed fish. This was a seriously big piece of fish, stuffed with crackers and crab. The sauce was very good, the stuffing was OK, but the fish was on the drier side, apart from the thick bottom end.



For my MINI DECADENT DESSERT, I picked the Blueberry Pie that was really good. I had an excellent waitress last week, and wish I could have her again. My waitress had no interest in me at all, never once asked how the food was, I had to flag her down to get my waiter refilled, and another waitress brought me the check. Should be interesting to see if they change the menu for the next iteration of Boston Dine Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment