Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Khao Hom Billerica

This is a summary of my last visits to Khao Hom in Billerica.



03/14/18. Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodle) ($7.95) with chicken. It had plenty of heat and plenty of chicken. This was a really good rendering of a classic dish.



04/18/18. Under Stir Fried I picked Garlic with Fish ($8.95). "Fried fresh garlic with brown sauce". I have had the fish before, and then it was overcooked, so I asked for it not to be overcooked, so what do I get? Overcooked fish again. She tried to tell me that for the fish to be crispy, it has to be fried that long. Not true. Apart from that, it was a delicious dish with the garlic fried just right, and the sauce was super tasty. There was lettuce hiding behind the fish. The broccoli was really crunchy.



04/25/18. Time to try an appetizer and here is the Chicken Star ($6.95). "Popcorn chicken w/ spicy sauce". It wasn't really popcorn chicken, but chicken that was really crispy and cooked well. The spicy sauce was more of the sweet chili sauce variety. It was really tasty.



This is the Red Curry with Talay ($8.95). The mixed seafood was shrimp, scallops and squid. I asked for it extra spicy and it was. It pays off to be a regular. The curry was really tasty, and the vegetables were cooked nicely. I wish restaurants removed the tail on the shrimp, so I don't have to pick it up with my hands to eat it. This is really a gem of a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment