Thursday, June 14, 2018

Clam Shack Salem

I had an excellent Crab Roll on my previous visit to Clam Shack in Salem. No website but a current menu can be found on their FB page.


The Salem Willows Park is famous (infamous?) for the Chop Suey sandwich, beloved by many, never tried it myself. Will I? Probably not.


For you in the know, you know what was here before, but it was rebuilt from the foundation up. You order from the first windows and pick up around the corner.


They only have outdoor seating. It started out as a beautiful day, but when I got there, it was overcast and windy. Bad planning by me.


This is the Haddock Bits Basket ($12.95). Seeing the amount of fish I got, a roll would probably have been sufficient. The fish was fried really well, still moist and flaky on the inside. Both the fish and the batter was unseasoned. The fries were slightly undercooked, but that's better than overcooked. The tartar sauce was fantastic, really tasty. I brought my own water, not paying the enormous markup on the water. A customer before me ordered the scallop roll, and it looked really delicious and loaded with scallops. Same price as my dish.

Address 167 Fort Avenue, Salem, MA 01970
Phone number (978) 741-2526

No comments:

Post a Comment