Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Bacon Truck Cafe Charlestown

As the name implies, The Bacon Truck Cafe in Charlestown, started out as a food truck but recently opened a B/M cafe in Charlestown. They announced last week on FB that they were doing Pork Belly Tacos for Taco Tuesday.



They are located in a heavy industrial area, and my GPS took me way down the road. Luckily I spotted the sign in time. There is parking to the right of the building, and then you have to navigate all the way back around to find the stairs. The stairs are to the left in the picture. They have a nice little patio.



No surprises inside. Watch out for the step-down inside the door. There is seating, but not in abundance. Most of the business seemed to be takeout.



I got the last taco. Turns out that they only do the taco as a special, so this was left from the weekend. Crispy Pork Belly Taco ($4.50) served with house brussel kimchi, lemon coulis aioli, and fresh mint". The taco was excellent and substantial. It was also seriously tasty, I don't like brussel sprouts, but these I could eat all day. The pork belly was luscious. I was going to order a sandwich as well but was warned that the taco was kind of big, so a side would be better. I went with the BACON SCALLION HASH ($4). "Red potatoes, sour cream, bacon". I was glad that I did, this was delicious despite the potatoes have the skin left on. Perfectly cooked potatoes, tasty bacon and really well seasoned. This with an egg on top (+1) would make an excellent light snack.



Condiment station that includes cold water. The people were very nice and friendly.

Address: 50 Terminal St, Charlestown, MA 02129
Phone: (617) 580-8174

No comments:

Post a Comment