Friday, September 7, 2018

Jay's Pizza & Ice Cream Malden

Thanks to The Passionate Foodie for making me aware that Jay's Pizza & Ice Cream in Malden are serving Momos. Momos are popular in Nepal and if you want to know everything about them, following the link above. He did an excellent write-up.



They are located in Malden Center and have ample parking. They also have a lot of outdoor seating. Beare of the entrance, the curb is quite steep.



There isn't much seating inside. The momos haven't made it to the big menu yet.



So I wanted the Jhol Momos since they come with the cold broth. Much confusion ensured. I pointed to the picture of the Jhol Momos, and she asked if I wanted them steamed or fried? Steamed, please. I ordered one chicken and one pork. You get 10 dumplings for $7.49, and that's a good deal since the dumplings are substantial. What I got were steamed dumplings with the tomato-based sauce and the chilli paste. You mix in the chilli in the sauce until you get it as hot as you want it. I then explained that I wanted to the Jhol Momos, so they brought out the cold broth, and I was happy. The Jhol Momos are $7.99. Both the pork and the chicken dumpling was very good with a thin wrapper around the tasty filling. The cold broth was also very well seasoned, and it was interesting to get a cold broth, but in a good way. I really liked it. As you can see, the momos are $5.99 on Mondays.

Address: 5522, 167 Centre St, Malden, MA 02148 Phone: (781) 321-4500

No comments:

Post a Comment