Thursday, September 27, 2018

Liberty Bell Melrose

Liberty Bell in Melrose is widely regarded as having outstanding seafood. My goto for fried Calamari is Turner's just up the street, but since this place has got rave reviews, I figured I give them a chance.



Fried Calamari Plate ($13). I didn't see the tartar sauce on the plate, so I asked for it. The fries were overcooked and greasy. The onion rings were OK. There was a lot of calamari, and most of it was cooked well. I found that the batter on the tentacles was a bit too hard. The tartar sauce was excellent and so was the slaw. Didn't try the red sauce. I'll stick with Turner's. Full-service restaurant, lighter batter and superior onion rings for the same price at lunch.

Address: 886 Main St, Melrose, MA 02176 Phone: (781) 662-6900

2 comments:

  1. I don’t eat fried calamari, but I love the Fried Haddock plate on Friday night specials at LB in Stoneham though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the deal on Friday nights? Their website doesn't mention it.

      Delete