Monday, September 17, 2018

Mooyah Billerica

Mooyah in Billerica has gotten very mixed reviews with complaints about long waits for the food, cold fries, and indifferent service, so I was a bit apprehensive about my visit today.



They are located in a shopping center anchored by a Market Basket. Next door is 7 Nana Japanese Steakhouse that does an AYCE Sushi for $17.95 at lunch.



No surprises on the inside. You order ta the register and pick up your order when it's ready. Are they doing a Five guys thing by leaving the potatoes out?



I went with the Double Diablo ($10.69). "Fresh, Never-Frozen Certified Angus Beef®, Pepper Jack Cheese, Bacon, Jalapeños, Cholula®, Mayo, Potato Bun". I also got an order of Personal Fries ($3.09). "Fresh Hand-Cut Idaho Potatoes (In House, Every Day) Cooked in Trans-Fat Free Oil (No Cholesterol)". The patties are 4oz and were cooked really well. Crispy on the outside and surprisingly juicy on the inside and they actually tasted of beef. The bacon was plentiful, crisp and meaty. The potato bun was soft and light. I was surprised at how good this burger was. I thought it was expensive at that price, but somehow I didn't mind. The fries were outstanding. Cooked twice and perfectly fried and they were actually salted before being served. The whole meal was very satisfactory. Not sure what the complaints were about, I got my food pretty quickly, the fries were hot, and the service was friendly.



Trying to show how juicy the burger was. I have had burgers at fancier places that couldn't match this.
Tomorrow is National Cheeseburger Day, so another burger review is coming.

Address: 199 Boston Rd #8, North Billerica, MA 01862 Phone: (978) 667-9500

No comments:

Post a Comment