Thursday, October 11, 2018

Ixtapa Woburn

I haven't been back to Ixtapa Mexican Grill & Cantina in Woburn since I started blogging and that's a long time ago. I used to go for the $5.99 lunch specials, and they still have them, but I was never very excited about them. I have been to their Lexington location where much confusion ensued.



There is some street parking available and also the big communal lot above the restaurant.



The inside is nice and bright and clean. I managed to get one of the window booths.



They still have the lunch specials that come with rice and beans. Not a bad deal.



You get decent chips and a thin, but tasty salsa. Everyone at the table gets their own salsa dish. so that you can double dip to your heart's content. Much to my surprise, they now have a two-sided lunch menu. Not as extensive as the dinner menu but plenty of choices and priced very reasonable. Of course you get the dreaded rolled up silverware, but the waiter brought over some decent napkins.



I decided to go with a Lunch Combo Plate. Combo Laredo (Choose Two) ($8.75). "Enchilada, Chimichanga, Chile Relleno, Tostada, Burrito, Taco or Tamale". I went with the Chile Relleno and the Chimichanga with pork. This was a BIG plate. The rice was light and fluffy, and the refried beans were very good, but I'm a sucker for refried beans. The Chile Relleno was prepared correctly, battered and then fried. It was filled with melted cheese. I got lucky and got a spicy one, you never know. What's more, I got a properly cleaned chili! No seeds, no stem left, this never happens.

The Chimichanga might have been deep-fried, but very lightly. There were ample amounts of tender and tasty pork inside. The tomatillo sauce was also really delicious. I never understood the lettuce and tomato salad with no dressing. Pouring some salsa over it helped a lot. I was very happy with my lunch today, and they are back on my lunch rotation. Service was very pleasant. The website has a buy one, get one for half price coupon.

Address: 349 Main St, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 759-1250

No comments:

Post a Comment