Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Irish Cottage Methuen

The Irish Cottage in Methuen recently moved across the street to a bigger building with more parking. I was told that the Cottage Pie here was really good so off I went.


Plenty of parking but my GPS had no idea that the rotary was gone, but I had a good idea where they were located.


I must say that the inside was nice and bright. They were packed, and it turns out they have an AYCE buffet on Sundays. It was ending in 10 minutes, so I passed. The buffet was being restocked despite finishing soon, so that was a good sign.


I went with the aforementioned Cottage Pie ($16). "Traditional Ground Beef Pie with Peas, Carrots, Onion, Fresh Herbs In A Tomato Base And Topped With Mashed Potato". If it had a tomato base there was no taste of it at all, in fact, the whole thing lacked seasoning and taste. Not even salt and pepper helped since they had nothing to work with. The mashed was OK, could have used some butter and cream and, of course, salt. I got charged $15 instead of $16. The table had not been wiped down.


This is the amount of mashed it was topped with. It turned out that the other side had a reasonable amount of mash on top. The service wasn't very friendly either, no water refills, but I got my bill quickly and also the CC slip.

Address: 17 Branch St, Methuen, MA 01844 Phone: (978) 208-4347

No comments:

Post a Comment