Friday, May 17, 2019

Cracker Barrel Tewksbury

The Southern Fried Chicken used to be a Saturday special at Cracker Barrel in Tewksbury but are now on the regular menu. I'm not really a fan of them but decided to give them another try for lunch today.



They are located just off Rte 495. The rain had stopped, at least temporarily. They have a big parking lot, but they also get very busy.



Southern Fried Chicken ($10.79). "Four generous pieces of chicken, hand-breaded with our signature seasoning, perfectly crispy on the outside, perfectly juicy on the inside. Served with honey for drizzling, two country sides, and homemade Buttermilk Biscuits or Corn Muffins". For my sides, I picked the Mac & Cheese and Hashbrown Casserole. Not sure what cheese there was in the M&C but I'm not a fan. I ordered the hashbrown casserole because I have never heard of such a thing, It was actually very good despite being barely lukewarm. The honey was missing and no signs of the promised biscuits. The chicken was crispy, and the two drumsticks were cooked nicely. Unfortunately, instead of getting a thigh and a breast, I got two overcooked breasts. The breading was very good and seasoned really well to the point of being peppery. Obviously not a fan of the service with all the missing items, but she did check in from time to time. I'm also not a fan of having to wait in line to pay my bill. I'll give them another try for their Friday Fish Fry.

Address 1795 Andover St, Tewksbury, MA 01876 Phone number (978) 858-3717

No comments:

Post a Comment