Saturday, May 18, 2019

Jose's Torta Mexicana Arlington

Jose's Torta Mexicana in Arlington is currently in a soft opening state with a reduced menu. The big menu board has been taken down. Website at Jose's Torta Mexicana


This is the soft opening menu.



This used to be Bagels by Us. There is free street parking on Mass Ave and also on Mill street. There were spots available today at lunchtime even with a flower sale going on across the street.



There is seating inside but not a lot. You order at the counter, and there is (warm) water available.



The drink and sides menu is still up.



I went for the Three Tacos deal ($7.99) "with your choice of filling, topped with lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese". Make it a Plate "with rice, beans and chips for $1.50". The shredded cheese didn't make it. For my fillings, I went with the Al Pastor (left), Carnitas and Pork Chorizo. You have a choice of hard, corn or flour tortillas. My corn tortilla tacos were double wrapped as they should be. All the tacos were OK, could use more seasoning. The carnitas taco had a very generous filling. The chips were fresh, and the rice was light and fluffy. The refried beans were bland and lacked texture and were also on the runny side. I did give them feedback, and nothing was really a big deal since they are in the soft opening stage. The tortas are $10+ but a nearby table had one and it was really substantial.



I really liked this. I have seen people grab handfuls of napkins that then goes into the bin.

Address: 793 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA, 02476
Phone:?

1 comment:

  1. Disappointing--probably won't return--and why should we with Victoria so nearby? I had always wanted to try al pastor so I did, in a quesadilla. It was lacking in flavor, no sign of pineapple, thinly filled, and extremely greasy. $1.50 for sour cream??? Outrageous! Can I BYOSC? Even in Whole Foods I should be able to get a pint for not more than this.

    ReplyDelete