Friday, June 7, 2019

Swanton Street Diner Winchester

Swanton Street Diner in Winchester has been here forever. Parking can be scarce, but I scored a spot just outside. I recently discovered that there is a parking lot behind the building. This isn't really a diner with breakfast all day, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner from separate menus. Breakfast is served until 2:00.



There is an artisanal bakery across the street.



This is the dining nook by the windows. The windows could do with a good cleaning.



For my lunch, I went with the Nantucket Pie ($15.99). "Broiled lobster meat, shrimp, scallops and scrod, served with rice pilaf & vegetable". In addition to the seafood mentioned above, I also got a couple rings of squid. For my sides, I picked mashed potatoes and slaw but was then informed that it only comes with one side. As you can see, I also got a second side of steamed veggies. The mashed potatoes were real mashed with lumps. Without asking, I got soft butter, and the mashed potatoes really needed it as well as plenty of salt. The veggies were steamed nicely and not overcooked. The pie itself was fine, real scallops that had the side muscle left on. Everything was cooked really perfectly. The lobster was all claw meat. The shrimp did have the tails removed, that is soo stupid when they don't remove them. The service was fine. I personally don't like to get the check before I finish my meal. They have a Groupon+ for 20% off.

Address: 72 Swanton St, Winchester, MA 01890 Phone: (781) 721-9666

No comments:

Post a Comment