Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Namaste Stoneham

Armed with a 30% off Groupon+ it was time for a second visit to Namaste in Stoneham. I like the Groupon+ since there is nothing to show, you just get the refund back on you CC.



They now have their own sign up. On my last visit, it still said Taj. Plenty of parking.



The inside is bright and clean. The buffet has shrunk. The Sushi boats have finally been removed.



I was going to try the Momos since it's an Indian and Nepalese restaurant. The momos are on a separate menu that took a while to locate. I ordered five chicken momos (5.00) and was surprised when eight momos arrived. This is more than five I said, and the waiter just nodded his head. The momos were delicious, as was the dipping sauce. Very thin wrapper and seasoned chicken. When I got the check, I was charged for eight despite pointing them out on the menu when I ordered. The eight-piece version is on the other side of the menu under entrees. My check was corrected, but instead of getting five as leftovers, I got two.



I ordered the Lamb Vindaloo (10.00). "Lamb pieces marinated in vinegar and spices, with potatoes in a spicy tomato and onion sauce". I ordered it hot, and it was. I had just a hint of vinegar but was very tasty, and the lamb was tender. Not a bad version at all even if it was a lot of potatoes. The rice was fluffy and aromatic. Their online menu doesn't seem to have the correct prices, and the formatting is way off. Don't they realize that the website is what customers see first? I have emailed them several times. I'll stick to Rang and Royal India Bistro that are both cheaper and give you extras.

Address: 58 Montvale Ave, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 438-9688

1 comment:

  1. What do you suppose they did with the extra 3 momo's?
    That is very worrisome.

    ReplyDelete