Thursday, July 18, 2019

Iron Town Diner Saugus

Iron Town Diner in Saugus was recommended to me from someone in the business.


They are a bit tricky to get to from home if Rte128 is busy. Plenty of parking.


It a nice and bright place and it's big. There is seating to my right and also another room further to the right. It was also impeccably clean.


From the coop section, I picked the Two Eggs Over Corned Beef Hash ($11). Homefries and toast are of course included. I chose light rye for my toast, and the bread was fresh, lightly buttered with butter and toasted. The homefries were unseasoned but cooked well and had the skins removed. My over-easy eggs were cooked right but were griddled, so it was more like poached eggs than fried eggs. The hash was the real thing, homemade and well seasoned. Eggs and hash don't get much better than this. Their Reuben is made with brisket, the waitress double-checked with the kitchen, so I'll be back for that. Service was very friendly.

Address: 325 Main St, Saugus, MA 01906 Phone: (781) 558-2070

No comments:

Post a Comment