Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Not Your Average Joe's Burlington

Not Your Average Joe's in Wayside Commons in Burlington are doing half-priced burgers on Tuesdays, all day, this month.


Kind of a grey day today. Something is happening in the location next door where Bonefish Grill resided.



They have small dining areas all over the place.



You get focaccia bread with a cheesy dipping slurry. The bread was again old and stale.



They only have two meat based burgers, so I picked the BACKYARD BURGER. "Our classic burger, served on a martin's famous roll with cabot white cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle and choice of mixed greens or french fries $13. $14 with country bacon". I went with the bacon. The burger was ordered medium rare and come out medium well, so back it went. The manager stopped by and apologized. I kept the fries as my burger was redone. The friers were really good and salted. The second attempt was medium with half the burger medium-rare. It had two pickles stacked on top? The bacon was excellent but very thin. What is country bacon? In my mind, it's thick-sliced bacon. The bun was nice and soft. The cheese was tasty but not melted. Despite being cooked correctly, the burger was dense and dry. Who serves a burger without onions? Not impressed by the service, I had to flag down a waiter to get a water refill. The manager comped my burger, and that impressed me. I needed change for the tip, so I handed my waiter a twenty and asked for change. "How much?". "All of it".

Did you know that a coyote runs 28mph faster than a roadrunner?

Address 4c Wayside Rd, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone number (781) 505-1303

1 comment:

  1. fyi Capital Grille is running their Wagyu & Wine offering this month. You get a Wagyu burger AND a tall glass of wine for $25.00. The wife and I went last night. Best burger I've had in years.

    ReplyDelete