Monday, December 9, 2019

15 Walnut Hamilton

Today's lunch happened at 15 Walnut in Hamilton.


No outside picture today since it was raining small animals. Plenty of parking.


I like to grab a high-top in the bar so I can keep an eye on everything. I really like this place, good food, and friendly staff.


They had a deal with a soup and a full sandwich for $16. I picked the FRENCH ONION ($9) +2 since it only comes in one size. "Caramelized onions, croutons, Gruyere, thyme". Of course it was served at the same time as my sandwich, so I had to decide what dish would get cold. The soup lost. The soup was rich, and the cheese was Gruyere. It had a very strong taste of something that was almost sweet, and it wasn't the onions.


The sandwich was the HADDOCK BURRITO ($15) served open-faced. "Fried haddock, pico​ ​de gallo, coleslaw, guacamole". Look how nicely the tortilla had been grilled! The fish had been cooked perfectly and was even seasoned. The batter was crunchy and very light. The slaw and the pico de gallo was very tasty, and I really enjoyed this dish. I didn't realize that there were no fries included, and they are excellent and were sorely missed. Linen napkins, of course, and good silverware. Service was so so, I had to ask for water refill. Guess where the name comes from?

Address 15 Walnut Road, Hamilton, MA 01982 Phone number (978) 468-2434

No comments:

Post a Comment