Sunday, December 8, 2019

Brothers Taverna Salem

Brothers Taverna in Salem has a new chef and is now announcing themselves as a Portuguese restaurant. I also feel that the long-needed name change is in the works.


I went on a Sunday, so metered parking is free, but the parking garages are more expensive.


Going on a Sunday noon wasn't my brightest idea since everybody and his brother were having breakfast, and the kitchen was backed up.



With the Portuguese dishes, you get a daily soup that today was kale and carrots. The soup was very good and seasoned well. You also get super fresh bread.



I picked the Carne de Porco Alentejana ($20). "Pan fried pork loin cubes, little neck clams, cubed fried potatoes". This was an excellent dish with pork that I could cut with a fork and soft lightly fried potatoes. The trick is to lightly crush the potatoes, so they can soak up the broth. The clams were cooked well, all four of them. The broth was fantastic, rich and well seasoned. The bread was put to good use here. I was really happy with this. The service was good and pleasant. I completely forgot about the 20% off with a Yelp check-in.

Address 283 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970 Phone number (978) 741-4648

2 comments:

  1. The Romano team has stepped up and provided a needed and delicious option on that stretch of Derby Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love This place! their food OMG! so tasty

    ReplyDelete