Friday, January 24, 2020

American Legion Arlington

American Legion Post 39 in Arlington is serving lunch Tues-Fri 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and is open to the public. They publish the weekly menu on FB and on their website.



Free on-street parking and there is also a lot behind the building. This is not the entrance to the dining area. The real entrance is in the back.



The bar/dining area. This is a private club, so be aware that smoking is allowed inside. That was not a problem today. The people were very friendly.



Clam Chowder ($3) was the soup of the day. It was a bit thin, but very tasty. It was also a bit light on the clams, but the clams that were present were tender.



This was the reason I finally decided to go for lunch. Whole Fried Clams w/ 2 sides ($12). For my two sides, I went with fries and a salad. The salad was very fresh and pleasant. What dressing do you want? Caesar, please. They had everything except caesar, so creamy Italian it was. The whole belly clams were cooked perfectly with a very light and crispy batter. The fries were also cooked really well and just how I like them. What a deal for $12! I asked how much would an extra extra dry Martini be? $4.50. In an itty bitty glass? She showed me the Martini glass and it was bigger than mine. Cash only.

Address: 370 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02474 Phone: (781) 648-9872

2 comments:

  1. Over the years, I have passed this area of Arlington many times in the past, but never knew about the American Legion Post or that it served lunch. The weekly specials look interesting and prices are right, so I'm going to try it out.

    Peter, I look forward to your posts and can't wait to read them. They make me aware of new places that I would otherwise never know about, and if they are convenient to get to, then I like to try them out. I've been trying to get to Toraya up the street on Mass Ave. in Arlington to try the chirashi. Was at Jimmy's Steer House in Arlington last week and had their prime rib, which was good.

    ReplyDelete