Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Wardhurst Peabody

I was intrigued by the Wednesday lunch special at The Wardhurst Restaurant & Bar in Peabody.



Plenty of parking in the private lot and they are not far from Rte128.



Fresh warm bread and butter are included. You have a choice of two sides, and I got the Ceasar salad that is not listed on the menu. The salad was fresh, the croutons were rock hard and the dressing was a bit to sharp for me.



Wednesdays special is the Roast Pork ($9.99) with their own gravy. I know that the mashed are the real thing from having had the Shepard’s Pie here on a previous visit. The mash is unseasoned, but I can deal with that. It also benefitted from adding some more butter. The pork loin was tender, but I'm not a fan of the gravy. A nearby table got the green beans, and they looked to have been cooked right.



This is the regular daily specials. They had a few more dishes on today's menu.



I can see a Prime Rib in my future, this looks like a great deal. The service here is very pleasant, and my waitress was super helpful. The food isn't exceptional but is solid homecooked food served in a pleasant environment.

Address: 31 Lynnfield St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 531-9730

No comments:

Post a Comment