Monday, April 20, 2020

Little India Express Lexington

I'm so happy that I found Little India Express in Lexington since both of my favorite Indian restaurants, Rang Indian Bistro and Royal India Bistro, are (I hope!) temporarily closed. As an added bonus, Little India has a Groupon available. $9 gives you $15 worth of food, valid any day.



I ordered the Mulligatawny Soup ($3.75). "Delicately spiced lentil soup". It was good but very thin. I would have liked a bit more body. Then the Chicken Tikka Saag Curry ($13.95). "Chunks of chicken tikka kabab entwined with herbs, spices and curry based fresh spinach. Served with basmati rice". It took me a while to find this on the menu since I really don't think about this dish as a curry. Tikka here means cooked in the tandoori. Tikka can also mean chunks or grilled. The basmati rice was fluffy. The chicken saag was a delight. To start with, they use tandoori chicken that was moist and tender. The saag itself was very flavorful and ordered medium, bordered on hot. I was hoping that the reddish chunks would show better. This vas a very enjoyable version of a classic dish. This is just half of the food that I received.

Address: 321 Woburn St, Lexington, MA 02420 Phone: (781) 862-5400

No comments:

Post a Comment