Friday, April 24, 2020

Mount Vernon Restaurant & Pub Somerville

Mount Vernon Restaurant & Pub in Somerville is famous for its twin lobster specials and their Sunday buffet. Sign up for their mailing list to get notified about the specials. Well, it will probably be a long time before we see a buffet being offered again. Currently, they have a daily specials flyer with some really good food with REALLY good prices. The daily flyer is also available on their FB page and IG feed. The full menu is also available, and I'm eyeing their twin pork chops.


These days parking is not an issue, but they have two lots behind the restaurant.



They had Fried Clams ($12.99) on today's flyer. "Fresh native clams lightly battered and deep fried, served with fries, rings, slaw and tartar sauce". Well, the rings didn't make it. I must admit it was a really good amount of tender clams for the price. The fries were cooked well, but it was just your normal previously frozen fries. I should have taken the owners suggestion that I eat the clams in my car. Even if it only took me 12 minutes from door to table, they had already started to get soggy.



The flyer also had a Lobster Roll ($15.99). "Fresh lobster meat tossed with mayo and diced celery in a buttery roll with fries or rings". FRESH lobster meat? You don't see that often. They also use the whole lobster including the tails. See the big chunk in the middle? That's 1/2 a tail. Sorry for the mashed but this is for dinner and fried stuff don't reheat well. I was offered house-made potato chips but stuck with the mash since it's real and I like my potatoes. This is a good price for a really well stuffed lobster roll.

Address: 14 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145 Phone: (617) 666-3830

2 comments:

  1. Peter, thanks for reviewing Mount Auburn's take out at this time when many restaurants are closed. I had hoped to do their buffet, but guess that I'll have to wait. But, definitely going to try some of their takeout meals soon. Food is good and prices are also good. And traffic in that area is definitely not a problem now.

    ReplyDelete