Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Taipei Tokyo Arlington

Taipei Tokyo in Arlington opened not that long ago in the space formerly occupied by Shanghai Village. The menu is a carbon copy of the menu at Taipei Gourmet in Lexington, but it's missing all the Taiwanese dishes. They are open all day for takeout or curbside pickup.



No lunch specials, but they have combo platters during lunch. "Combination Platter #35 (9.25) Flounder fish fillet with szechuan sauce". You can pick from five appetizers. I selected "Chicken Wings". Of course I didn't get wings, but the standard 2/3 of a wing. The wing was crispy and juicy and very tasty. I also picked the veggie fried rice hoping for proper fried rice, but I got the soy soaked American version. I asked them to undercook the fish, and it was still nice and moist when I got home. I also ordered it extra spicy and for once it worked. This looks like a big portion, but there was only a single layer of fish on top of cabbage and lettuce. It was still enough, and the sauce was tasty. Not sure what this dish has to do with Sechuan apart from the chilis. I'll be back for the lunch curry chicken that is a favorite of mine. They have online ordering, but it only starts at 11:30. There is parking behind the building.

Address: 434 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02474 Phone: (781) 646-6897

No comments:

Post a Comment