Saturday, August 29, 2020

Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe Woburn

Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe in Woburn now takes credit cards and has online ordering. $.99 surcharge for ordering online. They have signed up with all the commercial delivery services, but I would suggest you order direct and pick up yourself. The delivery companies take a hefty fee from the restaurants.


This is the #4 HAND-PULLED NOODLES 油泼扯面 (6.52). "Freshly hand - pulled noodles, seasoned with minced garlic, crushed cayenne peppers, chopped scallion, and cilantro" with the noodles ordered extra spicy. The extra spicy worked. I wonder what happened to the big blob of garlic that used to be on top? You now have the option to order this with meat (+2.50) and I had to ask what the meat was. It's pork and I went with that. I didn't expect to get this huge amount of meat that was really tasty. You can also add two lamb skewers (+3). This was my first exposure to hand-pulled noodles when they were located in Chelmsford in the middle of nowhere, and it's still a cracking dish. The good thing about having this dish as takeout is that you can now cut up the Esherish noodles into manageable bites.


Having stuffed myself silly and then a bit more, this is enough for another meal. I love this place.

Address: 466 Main St, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 938-6888

1 comment: