Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Maggie's Farm Middleton

What's better than free food on your birthday? I headed out to Maggie's Farm in Middleton that just has opened in their new location just up (down?) from their old location. The old restaurant will morph into a Mexican Restaurant that is being built out now.


They are located in a new plaza, and as you can see, the outside is still a work in progress.


The inside is light and airy. The mural on the wall is from the old place. Nice booths separated by plexiglass and a humongous bar. Open kitchen in the back. There was a sign on the door that the rewards system was not up and running yet and that almost ruined my day. However, the hostess promptly asked the manager if I could use my birthday rewards and no problem! How's that for excellent customer service?

 
I picked the Seafood Casserole for my entree from the specials menu. "Haddock, scallops and shrimp served with broccoli and red potatoes". No problem changing the sides to spinach and mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon. On my last visit the mashed wasn't really up to scratch, but this time they were perfect. Light and loaded with cheese and bacon. The casserole had perfectly cooked sea scallops, shrimp and haddock. The sauce was very tasty, and I really enjoyed this. Growing up on frozen icky spinach, who would have thought that I would ever enjoy spinach. Well, this is as far as you can get from the frozen variety.


For my dessert, I went with Key Lime Pie with whipped cream & lime zest. I don't think I ever have had Key Lime Pie, but it was really light, tasty and tart. I'm not much of a dessert guy, but I'll have this again.

Address: 189 S Main St, Middleton, MA 01949 Phone: (978) 539-8583

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're still posting! That entire meal looks great, but I'm especially transfixed by that perfect slice of pie--whipped cream, lime zest, and all.

    ReplyDelete