Friday, May 21, 2021

Not Your Average Joe's Peabody

Not Your Average Joe's in Peabody is located in the Northshore Mall. In January, NYAJ sent me my birthday gift with an expiring date of 05/25, so it was time to use it. The Burlington NYAJ is only doing takeout, and it was a good reason to try another location.


They have pleasant patio seating, but it was a bit too windy for me.


I think I like the interior here a bit better than Burlington. They are not accepting cash.


You can add a salad for $2.50, and I picked the Caesar. The romaine was cut into nice small pieces, and the dressing was surprisingly pleasant. The croutons were so hard that I feared for my teeth, and the parmesan had seen better days. 
The dipping oil had a way better proportion of cheese to oil than Burlington. The Focaccia was fresh.


BBQ MEATLOAF ($17.75). "Grilled meatloaf made with beef, pork, smoked mozzarella, veggies and herbs, with a tangy bbq gravy, mashed potatoes and seasonal veg, topped with crispy onion strings". The veggie of the day was broccoli, but there was no problem getting the tasty spinach instead. The crispy onion strings weren't, but the onions were cooked well. The mashed potatoes were light and fluffy, but unfortunately, the skins were left in the mash. Icky! The meatloaf was excellent, light and well seasoned. The mozzarella was present in the meatloaf. Here the gravy was actually a tangy bbq gravy, as opposed to what I got in Burlington. Extra gravy, please! The service was absolutely delightful.

Address: 210 Andover St Unit P127, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 839-5637

No comments:

Post a Comment