Monday, June 14, 2021

Our Place Peabody

OUR PLACE Kitchen & Bar in Peabody opened recently on Rte 1 and is very easy to get to. From 128 NB, take the Rte 1 SB exit, make a U-turn onto the NB side, and you are there. They are in the same plaza as a Holiday Inn, and there is a big sign outside next to the road. A bit nerve-racking getting back onto Rte 1, but the exit to 128S is next door.


They have a big parking lot. Turns out that the owners are the same as Nick and Andy's in Danvers. I had high hopes for this place and even more so after I found out about this.


There is a big bar area just to the left of the entrance. I was pleased to see that open-wheel racing was on in the bar. I know it's voluntary, but none of the staff was wearing masks. In most places I have been to recently, the staff has all been masked.


The dining area is surprisingly big, and they were packed on a Saturday at lunchtime. They seemed to be fully staffed, but they also have closed Nick and Andy's temporarily. Even when they were packed, the noise level was not bad, unlike the other location that gets really loud. When the hostess(es?) were idle, they walked around refilling coffee cups. I really liked my little corner booth. There is a big open kitchen in the back.


"All Omelets are made with 4 Eggs and Served with Shredded Potatoes and Choice of Toast".
Here are the MEAT LOVERS (12). "Applewood Bacon, Ham, Sausage and Cheese." For my toast, I picked the marble rye that was nicely toasted and properly buttered all the way to the edges. I must say that the bread was fantastic and unbelievable light. I wish the bread choices were listed on the menu so that the waitress didn't have to recite them. I ordered the omelet wet, and it was. It was also loaded with meats. I really detest an overcooked omelet. Did you pay attention above? 4 eggs in the omelet. The shredded potatoes were fine, but I'm still of two minds about if I like them or not. Some bits are really crispy, and other bits verge on the uncooked. The silverware was of excellent quality. Do I have to say that there were leftovers? The service was quick and pleasant.

Address: 1A Newbury St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 817-2432

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
-- Francis Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment