Thursday, August 24, 2017

New Sapporo Newton

I had a Groupon to The Savage Wiener that was about to expire, so I decided to try something different at New Sapporo in Newton today. They seem to have lost their nice website.



I have yet to find any free parking in Newton, but metered parking is only 75¢ an hour.



I was going to have a Katsu Bento Box, but then I spied the Spicy Pork Bento Box ($9.95) on the lunch menu. The Japanese Shumai and the Goyza were both fine. The salad was OK, of course the dressing was only on top, and there was a lot of dressing. The spicy pork was tender, but not very spicy. I would have liked some more sauce. The maki was mostly cucumber with a sliver of avocado.
The food here has always been acceptable, but nothing has ever been exciting. The best dish was probably the Salmon Gopdol.
The Savage Wiener seems to have a perpetual Groupon that is a really good deal. Not only is the dogs HUGE, they are also very tasty and freeze well. Mac & Cheese dog for dinner tonight.

Address 81 Union Street, Newton MA 02459
Phone number (617) 964-8044

No comments:

Post a Comment