Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Khao Hom Billerica

It was time to try the Chicken Pad Thai at Khao Hom Thai & Pho in Billerica. It's $4.95 on Wednesdays during February. I haven't had Pad Thai since forever, I gave up on the bland and sweet dish a long time ago.



Despite what Google translated the name to, it really means Jasmine rice.



I had to try their Larb Salad ($6.50). "Red onion, carrot, scallion, cilantro, mint, rice powder with spicy lime juice". I asked it to be seasoned "as the chef would eat it", and I think that it actually worked. It wasn't super spicy, but very very fragrant, and a nice mix of the basics "sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy". I was also a hefty serving. She gave me a little container of sticky rice since that's very common and she wanted me to try it.



The picture doesn't show the actual portion size of the Chicken Pad Thai ($4.95). Since someone had complained about their pad thai being bland, I asked for the real Thai version. There was nothing bland about this Pad Thai! Really fragrant and really tasty. There was also an enormous amount of chicken in the dish, and it was not overcooked. This put my faith back in eating Pad Thai. The locals have complained that this is not Pad Thai.

Address 258 Salem Rd, Billerica, MA 01821
Phone 978-362-8269

No comments:

Post a Comment